Being Obstinate, according to one of my personal heroes, Peter Mark Roget, is akin to:
• Dogged resolution
• Having a ruling passion
• Being willful
• Acting with determination
Being Obstinate means:
• Fighting for the freedom to be yourself
• Firmly adhering to your purpose and principles
• Not being controlled or manipulated
• Proving your personal resilience
You are practicing Strategic Obstinance when you:
• Go where everyone else wants to go – but do your own thing in the process.
• Play the game others are playing - but work to attain your personal best.
• Give the “right” answer - then, add your personal opinions.
• Wear what’s appropriate – with your personal touches added in.
When you are Being Obstinate:
• Your intractable defense of your own methods will be persuasive.
• Your unyielding pursuit of your personal freedom makes you invincible, even to the criticism of those with presumed power over you.
• Your instinctive powers come to the forefront.
• You don’t linger long after disappointments
• You are challenged by what otherwise might defeat you.
• You do the do-able– and even some things you may have believed were improbable.